homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:10 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:23 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
I'm pretty sure marinadelayne is the one.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 pm 

Marina

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:36 am 

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
I sent RPM trade reqs to most people and never received anything back from Effervescent or Bliz (but effervescent has an excuse).

Just throwing this out there. I never actually received your request to trade, which is why I never responded. Maybe it's the z in my name that threw it off. I'm also competing at regionals right now, so I've been a bit busy. Based on what I've read, voting for marina.

2013-2014 - LD
2014-2015 - LD

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:03 am 

Retracting Dibbles

Fishy (Marina) <3

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:54 pm 

Welp, looks like I'm a goner.

I explained this to Brett before he died, but he might not have passed the info along. Y'all don't want to kill me. Here's the dealio. I'm on y'all's side...but if I get killed, I become a Telethia (it seems really weird, but apparently it lines up with the storyline :P) and have a different power.

As for Jazz's allegations....
Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
1. she apparently lied about her WC (she had the wrong one, I called her on it, and she said that another player told her never to give away the good team's correct WC, but that player said that they said no such thing. Also that player is dead and confirmed good).

Brett and I had a discussion a month or so back (not during this game, which is probably why he denied it) about how good people should always modify the good team's wc for the first couple trades so as not to be the one to give away the good wc. The idea is that it is an easy way to figure out who's faking early on in the game (based on who picks up on the modification). I traded the modified wc with the first few people I traded with....and then reverted back to the original one when I saw that most everyone had the original one (meaning evil had already found out what it was). The problem was...when I traded with Jazz, I copy and pasted the quoted rpm from one of my previous trades (since the powers and critical tidbits were already redacted)...and didn't realize it was the one with the modified wc.

So that's what happened there.

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
2. We were chatting about random, silly little things up until about two days ago, but we never traded until then, which is weird bc we always trade. I didn't offer to trade with her because my rpm was already circulating and I knew I could confirm my allegiance if she suspected me for the same reason.
Okay so it's suspicious for me not to ask to trade with Jazz...when she never even requested to trade with me? Like I said, my week's been pretttty crazy, so I haven't been super invested in this game. I responded to people's requests to trade, but I didn't spend time pming each person individually asking them to trade. Jazz and I had been chatting about other things...but they weren't related to mafia (for the most part), so it's not like either of us was intentionally avoiding the subject of rpms. It just never came up. :P

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
3. I haven't seen everyone's RPM but hers is the only one without a line about a nightly income. Even characters who receive no nightly income (like me) have a line that states so
Idk what to say to this. My rpm just didn't have that line. If I get killed for it, that'd be a bit frustrating. >.> We literally just killed Mr. E. for something in his rpm that he couldn't control.

Anyways, that's my explanation. But I don't really care if y'all kill me...because I'll just come back as a Telethia. And I'm not going into details about what that entails...but needless to say, it's not something you want to happen.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

~Night 3~

The citizens of Bionis were refreshed from their stay on the Bionis Shoulder. Their bodies were ready for battle.

"NOW IT'S REYN TIME!!" Reyn yelled.

"I'll carry on fighting beside you until the very end," said Fiora.

"Victory to Riki!" Riki exclaimed.

As they hunted for Mechon to thrash, they came upon their old "friend" Dickson. In a speech that didn't make much sense to the team at the time, Dickson had apparently begun an initiative to "sacrifice organic life back to the Bionis."

But whatever Dickson meant, it was clear that he had the worst of intentions in confronting the group. After heated debate and an impromptu deathmatch, which featured Dickson transforming into a huge giant, Dickson lay crumpled on the ground. Reyn picked up Dickson's human-form gun, and whistled. "Ain't that a beaut!" he said in awe.

-------------------------------------------------------

A couple miles down the road, as the team continued to journey down the Bionis, the Bionis and Mechonis themselves shook. "What was that?!" cried Juju. "I don't know...maybe an earthquake." Little did they know, that they were fighting a force much larger than themselves...perhaps the Bionis's soul itself. And several roadblocks stood in the way before they could confront this ultimate foe.

-------------------------------------------------------

CalebAshley (Dickson) has died. He was evil. Marinadelayne was attacked, but survived.

Night 3 begins now and ends on May 11th at 12:00 noon.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:16 pm 

Evan wrote:
CalebAshley (Dickson) has died. He was evil.

We're getting somewhere guys.

Job 13:18 "Behold, I have prepared my case; I know that I shall be in the right."
Proverbs 18:17 "The first to plead his case seems just, until another comes and [cross-]examines him."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:31 pm 
is jealous

Well hey, at least we got one gone. :lol:

Anyway, judging by this statement:

marinadelayne wrote:
But I don't really care if y'all kill me...because I'll just come back as a Telethia. And I'm not going into details about what that entails...but needless to say, it's not something you want to happen.

Marina's almost definitely evil now, if she wasn't before.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:04 pm 

@Dibbles what is your defense???

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:40 pm 
is jealous

Just because she didn't die doesn't mean she's good, or that I'm bad. We voted for the most suspicious character so I believe we were justified in trying to lynch her. I know I'm not off the chopping block by any means, but all the evidence against me is circumstantial. I made a plan with people to kill off potentially 2 mafia using my power. The fact that they died isn't in any way linked to that - anyone who read the main chat could've figured out they were the good leaders. Mafia would've naturally wanted them dead.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:45 pm 

Well I died. :lol: Hopefully we will still win. I would like to know; why was I killed? If it was completely by accident that makes me want to facepalm. This has been a fun game!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:50 am 
Hint hint peoples.

CalebAshley wrote:
Well I died. :lol: Hopefully we will still win. I would like to know; why was I killed? If it was completely by accident that makes me want to facepalm. This has been a fun game!

I would love to tell you now, but the reason has significant incriminating information, so bring up the question at the end of the game if I don't remember to tell everyone why you died. :)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:57 am 

Evan wrote:
the reason has significant incriminating information

Well lets hear it... jk :(

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 pm 

Dibbles wrote:
Just because she didn't die doesn't mean she's good, or that I'm bad. We voted for the most suspicious character so I believe we were justified in trying to lynch her. I know I'm not off the chopping block by any means, but all the evidence against me is circumstantial. I made a plan with people to kill off potentially 2 mafia using my power. The fact that they died isn't in any way linked to that - anyone who read the main chat could've figured out they were the good leaders. Mafia would've naturally wanted them dead.

What is your mysterious power that you keep referring to?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:30 pm 
is jealous

atshelton wrote:
Dibbles wrote:

What is your mysterious power that you keep referring to?

I told people to PM me if they wanted to see it :P But since Caleb had seen it, no use hiding it anymore I suppose.

Evan wrote:
Congratulations, you now have a power!

For 2,000G, you can get a guaranteed kill on a mafia once during the game, but it has a 75% chance of also killing you in the process.

Basically, we had planned for LMJ to use her power to link two mafia suspects in a lover's mechanic, and then I would use my power and hope it killed both.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:19 am 
Hint hint peoples.

~Day 3~

Two more fell in the night. The legendary Heropon, Riki, made a tasty snack for a Telethia, and the Mechonis was completely destroyed by the Bionis when both gods awakened and clashed again.

-------------------------------------

Blizniak (Lady Meyneth) and Effervescent (Riki) died. They were good.

EDIT: Whoops, never mind, I forgot another death occurred too. Doesn't really matter who it is, since evil has now won the game. (It was Dibbles, I believe, FTR.)

I'll put my thoughts here soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:59 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Overall, I had a lot of fun running this, but it felt like it went by in a flash. I feel that I made evil waaayyyy too overpowered because the whole Skill Branches mechanic made me feel that good was OP, so I unfortunately overcompensated. Hope y'all had fun with this. I wish I made it more fair and that it could have lasted longer. The theme, characters, and story of this game, not to mention y'all, deserve much better than what I gave here.

Also, this game made me realize that I'm losing my touch in administering these games. Technically, the game should have been over a phase earlier, since Hammy's thread bomb that killed Calebashley also should have killed Dibbles. >.> If I ever run another game, (which, it's doubtful at this point, since Internet memes mafia was a flop, and this game sort of was too), I'll be sure to be much more careful.

In summation: This game was fun, and it seemed like you guys had great fun with it too, but this game was flawed on two separate levels, thus decreasing its overall effectiveness (and length ;P). If you have any other questions or comments, fire away here!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:06 am 

Yay! Well I certainly had fun being on the overpowered side. :D :lol: :lol: And FTR, I didn't steal anyone's money. That was all Jacob. I didn't actually do that much besides hand out fake guns that explode in people's faces that no one used and thread bomb Dibbles. I think evil was overpowered this game but good didn't help with that by making all their plans public and relying on one power to win the game in the beginning. I guess y'all had no way of suspecting a money stealing power though. And if it hadn't been for that it might've worked.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:05 am 

So, how many good people were left at the end?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 pm 

Wait, why is it over? I can still kill more people.......

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next