homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:30 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:58 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Home Schooled: Yes

What the heck is happening. This is getting way more complicated then it already was.

Bee, everything was going fine until you did that. :evil: Now I have to attempt to unravel THIS mess before the deadline at 6:00 pm EST. If nothing changes with the current tally, that means no one will die, and we will have learned absolutely NOTHING! :D Unless...will a tie result in a double-death? Lemme check the OP on that.

ShaynePC, 3
JustM.e, 3
marina, 2
(The below two are raging against the machine)
Everyone, 1
Hammy, 1

FTR, I'm not mad or peeved. I'm just a little bit ticked in-game (if that makes sense) that this happened.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:09 pm 
Bumble! Bumble!

Marina, you already knew how I felt about you. I'm giving you a second chance (on someone else's behalf).

Personally I think it's in the best interests of BOTH sides to get you killed off while there's still a chance to have a fair game.

If something doesn't happen TONIGHT that can be linked DIRECTLY to you, which is of immediate and valuable assistance to the evil side ... I can't actually do anything personally, but I've been playing mafia for a while. Which isn't a totally empty threat.

Unvoting Marina and voting Penn Foster. Because I am very ticked off, and it's rolling over into the game, but it has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with my censored school. :goes to sleep for real:

(@Evan: I have a double vote now? Awesome! :P)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:19 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

So I'm awaiting a response from Hammy regarding what happens if there's a tie. I'm assuming no one dies unless I get confirmation otherwise. Currently, the tally stands at this:

JustM.e, 4
ShaynePC, 3
Bee, 1
(The below continue to rage against the machine)
Everyone, 1
Penn Foster, 1 (accidentally added 1 to Bee's vote last time and forgot to add the vote against her :oops: )

I'm getting a lot of flack in the PMs over voting for Shayne, but since I have no money to investigate next phase, I really think voting off Shayne is still our best bet to resolve this counterclaim issue unless someone is charitable enough to airlift me 20 rupees.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 pm 

Okay. I know Hammy's tendency to troll. And I wouldn't doubt he'd bring in a super powerful neutral. While I know ShaynePC needs to be dealt with...

I'm going to vote for Bee

Simply put, we can't let the last two Links have Marina joining up with them.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 pm 

Sorry Hammy. That also means I'm unvoting ShaynePC

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:50 pm 

Unvoting Shayne voting Bee, 'cause ultra powerful neutrals are cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:25 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Unvoting ShaynePC, voting JustM.e, because we don't want to lose focus, peoples.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Still no answer from Hammy, but unvoting ShaynePC Voting JustM.e at the insistence of an ally.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am 
Bumble! Bumble!

Voting JustM.e.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 am 

A mace on chain is a fearsome weapon indeed. The dark soldier did an adamant job defending himself, but as the sun slowly went down, so did his effort against the crowds.

Bee (Ball and Chain Soldier) died. She was evil.

Note: None of the vote changes submitted after 18:00 Easter Time were counted.

A night phase begins. It ends Wednesday at 22:00. I'm at a tournament right now, but I'll do my best to hit that goal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:46 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Well hey, at least we shot down a baddie today. :D

But it's really too bad Hammy didn't count our votes, seeing as he himself posted the phase update hours after the phase ended. Ah well. I understand why he couldn't, seeing as I've done the same when I have been GM. Deadlines are deadlines, after all. The counterclaims issue will just have to wait.

Also, this

Hammy wrote:
Easter Time

Equals this.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:08 am 
Bumble! Bumble!

I figured.

Y'all wanted proof Marina wasn't fickle? This is as good as you're going to get. What happened to me is called teamwork and she wasn't helping the evil side. She refused to communicate with me throughout the game, and her automatic response to one vote was not to stick with the plan and help the team she's supposedly working with, but seize the opportunity to hurt them.

This attitude will apply to both sides. She's after money and staying alive. I know she's told the evil side she's working with them. That's her public stance as well. She's told the Links that she's telling the evil side that she's working with them, but she's actually going to help them out. The reality is that she'll do whatever, whenever, if she thinks that it might help her out. You've given her data and money. Data is always key to mafia. Money is the second most important thing in this particular game. In other words, even if you don't buy that she has a game power (which I told you and tell you again is a very dangerous assumption), you have given her power to play the system.

One of you knows how much money I had, because I mentioned that I gave a certain amount to one player, and a certain amount to Marina... Marina has all of that now, along with whatever amounts you people have chosen to use to buy her favor. Anyone for sale isn't worth buying, cause they'll happily cut your excessively trusting throat for anyone who offers a few bucks more.

I've been playing mafia for 9 years. There are two kinds of neutrals; neutrals who simply pick a side and stick with it, and neutrals who wind up stabbing both sides in the back at different points. Marina is not the first type.

I strongly advise both sides to kill her at the first opportunity, though obviously I'd prefer it if evil did it. It's the logical move. The money you know she has is a lot more valuable than vague promises of an unknown power in the hands of someone whose goal is survival.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:18 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Bee wrote:
I've been playing mafia for 9 years. There are two kinds of neutrals; neutrals who simply pick a side and stick with it, and neutrals who wind up stabbing both sides in the back at different points. Marina is not the first type.

In Marina's defense, the second type was the first that she met. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:31 am 

I couldn't decide what image to use that would accurately display what I'm thinking.... All of them.

I have no life and Nuna is the kindest.
Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:30 am 
Laugh, or I will kill you

^ U confused?

;) <3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:04 pm 

I am going to a tournament starting Wednesday, so I will be gone. :)

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:30 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

@Mr. E I'm getting the vibe that you may be confused. ;P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:52 am 

The plant was hungry. It needed food. It found one target, that was easy enough. The second was not so easy. This one was safe from harm, unable to die at his hand.

atshelton (Red Link) died. He was good.
JustM.e was attacked but survived.

A dark power descended from the sky. He had come. He came down with wrath upon the first victim he could find. She tried to resist, but the power was too much.

Fishy-Fish (Princess Zelda) died. She was good.

The thief had finally met his match. He was hunted down.

Johnnyw256 (Rupee Wraith) died. He was evil.

And....

Blizniak and lucky13 were resurrected.

A day phase begins. It ends on Friday at 21:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:36 am 

:shock: Well, this was surprising, for a variety of reasons.

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:43 am 

/\
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But I'd think you would have posted that earlier....

Dragons!
[Here since 7/23]
[Here since 7/23]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next