homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:49 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Home Schooled: Yes
Seeing as this game is, for all intents and purposes, over...I feel like posting this one last post in this thread before the nearly-inevitable mafia win. Besides, even if they don't win and good somehow pulls a victory out of nowhere (crossing fingers), I feel my end-game summary is still relevant regardless of the specifics of what happens. I'm waiting to hear back from Effervescent on some questions of mine, but there really isn't much reason for me to stick around for the after-game. If Kay deletes this because of the no-after death post rule, I got it saved on my computer so it can be posted for later. For some inexplicable strange reason, though, I feel compelled to put it up now. Here's what I had planned out to post.

-----------------------------------------

What can I say about this game? It’s so incredibly frustrating that I really can’t put it into words. :evil:

We had everything going for us. And I mean, literally EVERYTHING. There was not supposed to be ANY possible way we could lose. The mafia was a complete joke (no offense...but I'm sure you guys can admit you weren't doing too hot at all in the beginning ;P). We had killed off two of them, and they’d only been able to kill one of us on accident. We were outnumbering them somewhere in the range of 9-1. And then we squandered it all away in the space of a few phases and lost anyway. How incompetent. How saddening. And what a cautionary tale for future good teams. This game will be the first I will point to in the future as an example of how complacency can be the #1 killer in mafia. (Yes, I was 100% guilty of complacency in this game, along with a bunch of other garbage. This game REALLY was not my game, or me putting my best foot forward at all.)

Sorry to be Mr. Raincloud, but I can’t exactly say I had much fun or will take away good memories from this game – and it’s pretty much all my fault. I feel so guilty for seemingly ruining everything here, and am seriously tempted to not participate in another mafia game for a while.

But you know what? I’m making a mountain out of a molehill here. I’m gonna pick myself up, dust myself off, laugh off me and my team’s mistakes here, and turn over a new leaf in the next game. God’s mercies are new every morning, and I feel that since this is over, the slate is wiped clean, and I can put this behind me. Besides, these things are supposed to be fun little diversions. I can’t exactly say why some (including myself) got so emotionally vested in this. But I’ve learned my lesson here, and am looking forward to the next venture. :)

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 pm 

All night actions are in. Do the three of you want to end the phase now or allow some more time for consideration?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:06 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Effervescent wrote:
All night actions are in. Do the three of you want to end the phase now or allow some more time for consideration?

End now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:35 pm 

End now

Caswell/Hubbard 2012-2013
Caswell/Hubbard 2013-2014

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:50 pm 

Well, that's a majority.

The few survivors were on high alert, terrified by every noise, however small, that lurked out in the darkness. Who would be next? Would they be able to successfully identify the final imposter?

Dawn came and they cautiously emerged from their hiding places, surprised by the revelation that awaited them.

Nobody died. Congratulations on that, I guess. Day six starts now and ends as soon as all votes are in. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:04 pm 

Haha. Can't beat that double vote, Andrew. ;) Power play!

anorton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 pm 

Hammy wrote:
Haha. Can't beat that double vote, Andrew. ;) Power play!

Aww... I wanted you dead. :(

LMJ

(In case it's not obvious, I'm the last mafia, everyone.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:15 am 

I knew it ^_^

anorton
My vote doesn't count but still.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:29 am 

I request day to end now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:50 am 

Good triumphs over evil, after all. :D

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:53 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Good triumphs over evil, after all. :D

Don't count your chickens...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 am 

The final three stood facing each other. Tris and her sometimes-enemy Peter folded their arms and glared at Jeanine, the author of all their woes. No longer would they put up with the world she envisioned.

Jeanine tried to use her serum against them, but they resisted her efforts. Tris would no longer be subject to her machinations.

In the end, Jeanine fell.

Anorton has died. He was diabolically and brilliantly evil.

The good team wins... by the skin of their teeth. Congratulations to all sides for their involvement.

I'll post some thoughts and the RPMs (the actions are all on paper, unfortunately, because I spent a lot of my GM time on mobile) later tonight, when I get home from club.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:05 am 

Oh my gosh guys we did it :O WE DID IT!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:37 am 

Sorry, but you lost faith too soon Evan. ;) We had it under control.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:43 am 

Andrew had a 50% chance of winning, a 25% chance of losing, and a 25% chance of continuing the game into the night phase, where he had a 50/50 chance at winning.

//fact of the day

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:30 am 

Congrats, good side! :D And well played, Andrew.

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:30 am 

Looking forward to Eff's thoughts.

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 am 

Kay, thank you so very much for running this game. Despite how anyone else feels, for me personally I had an absolutely fabulous time playing this game! I haven't felt so alive while playing mafia for a good while now. You always kept us jumping with a lot of hidden mechanics and/or powers that really kept things interesting. :) I'm just sorry that you had to have a lot of drama go down in your game. :|

Now a question, why did I not die night one? Who had a power to block it? Was it the same power that killed Jonah instead of Marina when I used my daykill? How did all that play out? :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 am 

Effervescent, this was the most intense and fun mafia game I 've ever played. Thanks so much for running it!

And well played Andrew, well played.

Ditto Hammy's questions tho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:53 am 

Ohhhh... :cry:

Anyway, thanks SO much, Effervescent for running this game! I loved the challenge (being the only mafia left for a considerable amount of time was, um, interesting to say the least), and the mechanics were quite thought out. There were mistakes made on all sides ::cough::NoKillFirstDay::cough::, but I think it evened out in the end. The town may gripe about their mistakes, but mafia just can't reveal all the ones they made.

My side of things:
I started the game with a randomized nighttime redirect and power investigate. Somewhere along the way, I was awarded a daytime randomized redirect as well. When Sharkfin died, I inherited his kill, but lost my power investigate. Now, the problem with my redirects was that they uniformly select a target--I might be that target, too.

Thus, at this point in the game, each day phase gave me a 33% chance of dying and a 66% chance of advancing to the next night phase.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 17 Next