homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:07 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 17 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:55 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Home Schooled: Yes
Looking back over the comments that incited my outburst, and the extremely gracious replies from Justin and Caleb, really touched me. Now that I know what you guys were doing, and the fact that I remember both of you guys have had a pretty hard week, makes me feel like a total dunderhead. (I would say something else that begins with j and ends in -ss, but it’s not HSA ;) ) In a moment of me not being in the Spirit, I took your comments about my admittedly terrible playing style personally and lashed out. Really, I should be the one asking for forgiveness here. I’m so sorry for making such a big deal and hullaballoo over something as trivial as a mafia game. What I said about you guys isn’t true – from what I’ve seen on HSD, both of you seem to be young men of character.

Having said that, I still think my presence in this game is not doing the good side any favors. So I’ll learn my lessons from this game (mainly, to not be overly speculative and accusatory) and apply them for the next one so I don’t ruin anyone else’s fun.

Good Lord, I am such an idiotic fool, unworthy to bear the title of HSD moderator. :( Praise the Lord that we have redemption through Him and that He looks on our pitiable state with never-ending loving-kindness.

P.S. Caleb, what happened to your brother? How can we pray for him?

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:04 am 

Evan wrote:
Looking back over the comments that incited my outburst, and the extremely gracious replies from Justin and Caleb, really touched me. Now that I know what you guys were doing, and the fact that I remember both of you guys have had a pretty hard week, makes me feel like a total dunderhead. (I would say something else that begins with j and ends in -ss, but it’s not HSA ;) ) In a moment of me not being in the Spirit, I took your comments about my admittedly terrible playing style personally and lashed out. Really, I should be the one asking for forgiveness here. I’m so sorry for making such a big deal and hullaballoo over something as trivial as a mafia game. What I said about you guys isn’t true – from what I’ve seen on HSD, both of you seem to be young men of character.

Having said that, I still think my presence in this game is not doing the good side any favors. So I’ll learn my lessons from this game (mainly, to not be overly speculative and accusatory) and apply them for the next one so I don’t ruin anyone else’s fun.

Good Lord, I am such an idiotic fool, unworthy to bear the title of HSD moderator. :( Praise the Lord that we have redemption through Him and that He looks on our pitiable state with never-ending loving-kindness.

Evan, you're more than forgiven. I'm, again, really sorry for anything I said that offended you.

I would like to point out that speculation, risks, and accusations are a part of the fun of Mafia, I think. While I certainly don't endorse the decision that prompted it, I had a blast defending myself in the face of Marina's (baseless) allegations. Sometimes we're wrong. I totally threw out a theory that Hunger Games characters were involved that I would still be pursuing if Effevescent hadn't shot it down </3. So... don't feel bad. We all learn and mess up (except anorton, the mafia aficionado), and that's what makes it fun.

And speaking of mistakes, they're not just limited to mafia games. I should know. I make a lot of them on a daily basis. ;) So it's cool. :) And again, I'm really sorry that I made you feel unwanted. :/

Thank you for your apology, btw. :) It means a lot.

As for Caleb, praying for your bro right now. Hope everything is okay.

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:09 am 

Group hug everyone

Also, praying for your family Caleb, that has to be tough.

2011-12 l Porter/Thomason, Light/Porter
2012-13 l Bailey/Porter
2013-14 l Bailey/Porter
2014-15 l Folkert/Porter

2015-16 I Childs/Porter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Evan wrote:

Evan, you're more than forgiven. I'm, again, really sorry for anything I said that offended you.

I would like to point out that speculation, risks, and accusations are a part of the fun of Mafia, I think. While I certainly don't endorse the decision that prompted it, I had a blast defending myself in the face of Marina's (baseless) allegations. Sometimes we're wrong. I totally threw out a theory that Hunger Games characters were involved that I would still be pursuing if Effevescent hadn't shot it down </3. So... don't feel bad. We all learn and mess up (except anorton, the mafia aficionado), and that's what makes it fun.

And speaking of mistakes, they're not just limited to mafia games. I should know. I make a lot of them on a daily basis. ;) So it's cool. :) And again, I'm really sorry that I made you feel unwanted. :/

Thank you for your apology, btw. :) It means a lot.

As for Caleb, praying for your bro right now. Hope everything is okay.

Evan I really appreciate your apology it matters to me! Thank you! And I agree with everything Justin said. It is easy to lose focus on what really matters when you're playing mafia and I know that applies to me too. I could say more, but I don't quite have time at the moment.

Basically what happened with my brother was that he got a cut on his knee and it got infected and he wasn't really able to eat today and he went to football practice and got dizzy or something because of that. They put him on some antibiotics and he seems to be back to himself and had a pretty big dinner. It'd be great if you guys could pray that the drugs continue to work. Thanks all of you for the prayers and support :D :D

Hammy wrote:
Also, Cashley died in a hole. I don't know why you keep trusting him. I mean sure he's super good at mafia and knows exactly what he's doing, but I feel like maybe some game you would just not trust him. :P Props to you Cashley, always making my games exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 am 

Yay! Reconciliation! :D

Okay so this is totally not mafia related but did you people know that honey prevents infections? Like, really really well. I sliced my leg open on a camping trip and there weren't any band aids big enough so I dumped honey on it and used cloth bandages and it was fine for the four days we were camping. I felt all Surivor Man XD

So anyway. Back to the game.

Caswell/Hubbard 2012-2013
Caswell/Hubbard 2013-2014

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:30 am 

…I’m actually going to join Evan and step away from this game.

I’m not entirely sure how it happened, but I feel like the tone of the game changed dramatically over the last twenty-four hours. Honestly, I think that no matter how the day phase, or even the game, ends, it will feel kinda sour.

I really don’t want to risk damaging friendships because of a mafia game. I think that a lot of us have, to some extent, become emotionally involved in this game (somehow…who knows how that happened >.<). There have been numerous jabs to and from different people that seemed to be a bit harsher and more personal than the normal banter. And I really don’t want to hurt anyone or get hurt as a result of the game. So I think the best thing for me to do is to join Evan and bow out.

Unvoting JustM.e and voting no one.

Best of luck to everyone. ‘Til the next game, y’all. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:36 am 

Well, I go to work, everyone fights, everyone makes up, so on so forth. The Hammy side of me says: You guys are the best! Angry one second, forgiving and apologetic the next. You guys are and continue to demonstrate the true heart of HSD and it makes me happy to see members of HSD who haven't fallen to dark paths.

Now the calculating side of me where I'm obligated to say this. Remember guys, this is mafia. The point of the game is to make accusations, to stab backs, to call each other out. I would have no problem saying that you are a bold faced liar in the game and kill you off because of it. But on the other side of the game you walk away as best friends. There's (at least there should never be) personal vendettas or grudges carried in or out of mafia games. :)

marinadelayne wrote:
And I really don’t want to hurt anyone or get hurt as a result of the game. So I think the best thing for me to do is to join Evan and bow out

Not buying it.

On that note: marinadelayne Sorry Fishy-Fish. <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:49 am 

Guys, when I die, and I turn up good, kill anorton. :P k? Cashley is 90% sure he's last maf.

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:54 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Hammy wrote:
Now the calculating side of me where I'm obligated to say this. Remember guys, this is mafia. The point of the game is to make accusations, to stab backs, to call each other out. I would have no problem saying that you are a bold faced liar in the game and kill you off because of it. But on the other side of the game you walk away as best friends. There's (at least there should never be) personal vendettas or grudges carried in or out of mafia games. :)

Exactly. I sure hope that nothing I ever do in mafia makes people mad at me outside of mafia. Also, I'll never be mad at anyone for doing anything in a mafia game--as +X said (now quoted in lucky13's sig): "Oh, come now, Daniel. Your mafia playing habits make you a no-good double-crossing manipulative liar. But I would never call you a jerk!"

Plot twist: The thread-fight was orchestrated via PMs, and people are only pretending to drop from the game in order to survive as mafia longer. :P

On a serious note: I hope no one really does quit this game due to words that were exchanged... although I haven't been able to spend much time on this game, I enjoy playing with (all of) you.

Quote:
On that note: marinadelayne Sorry Fishy-Fish. <3

Annndd.... since when is Marina called Fishy-Fish? :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 am 

On a side note, y'all have a reason to fear Justin. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:13 pm 

Hammy's right you guys. In the end it's just a game. I think it's fun to argue over who may or may not be maf; after all it's just a randomly assigned role. I don't know all of you personally, but you all seem like great people :) I understand dropping out of the game if you feel you've been hurt, but let's not let some misunderstandings ruin this okay?

This last phase has been kind of messy so for now I'll vote no one. I'll be at work all day so I may not get a chance to check the thread when the update goes up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:20 pm 

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
Hammy's right you guys. In the end it's just a game. I think it's fun to argue over who may or may not be maf; after all it's just a randomly assigned role.
Hey guys. Just to clarify. I totally understand that it's just a game. I can take and dish out trash talk with the best of them. That doesn't bother me a bit. :P But for me, when things from inside the game get taken outside and vice versa, I know it's time to step back. Because that's the thing...it's just a game. And I'd rather not risk friendships over a mafia game. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:24 pm 

Okay guys, decision-making time. Do we want the game to continue? I can close it up now and declare it a draw, if that's what the majority would prefer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:50 pm 

I am okay with continuing the game. Anyway I think we all agree that our friendships shouldn't be damaged because of this silly mafia game. And I hope that the damage isn't already done. :cry: :cry:

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes
2017-2018 | Amedick/Barnes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:19 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

Effervescent wrote:
Okay guys, decision-making time. Do we want the game to continue? I can close it up now and declare it a draw, if that's what the majority would prefer.

Please keep it going... we just need to kill one or two mafia to end the game--it would feel bad to stop now, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

While I am no longer formally participating and contributing, I still want this game to continue. I don't want marina's and my decision to ruin the entire game. I'll still do what is necessary for good to win though, so tell me what I need to do and I'll do it. Just don't expect any major participation from me for the rest of this game.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:27 pm 

I have no problem with the game continuing.

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 pm 

Evan wrote:
While I am no longer formally participating and contributing, I still want this game to continue. I don't want marina's and my decision to ruin the entire game.
This. Though I, personally, won't be participating at all anymore, I don't want to ruin y'all's fun. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm 

I'll still play. Ditto what Jonah said

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:08 pm 

No way that this is ending in a draw.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 17 Next