homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:47 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
JustM.e wrote:
I can do you one better. If you want me to block our vigilante to confirm my power (which is a benefit you afforded Marina, mind you) then I'll do it. You can even have him target me. That way, if I'm lying, I'll be dead anyways. But give me a chance to prove myself before you lynch an innocent man. And one with a power, at that.
This sounds reasonable to me. We'll either end up with a dead maf or another confirmed townie.

Also. Speaking of betrayal...
JustM.e wrote:
I blocked Marina. I almost did again last night
JustM.e wrote:
I'm a little shocked that you, Marina, of all people, would wonder why I haven't been incredibly active.
JustM.e wrote:
I don't understand why Marina is twisting my words here.
Ouch. And you say you're shocked at me. </3 :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm 

Who are you Justy? Let's see that RPM.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:47 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Meh. I don't see why we shouldn't vote off a claimed roleblock. Just a few posts ago, Justin was all like "Dudes, we got dis. We can experiment around as the mafs are inept. Let's-a-go vote off anorton for the lulz." Now he's posting this huge defense of himself and making a big deal over his potential death when we are probably outnumbering the mafs 8-1. Remember guys, huge overreactions in defenses are typically a strong indicator that the person is maf. (coughLocutusofBorgcough)

Here's how I see it:
We kill Justin, who's still the most suspicious despite his busy week. I attempt a kill on anorton. Assuming worst case that Justin's good and anorton who he says he is, we are still outnumbering mafs 7-1.

We can then snoop around a little more and see if we can get a guilty. If there still isn't a guilty, and worst-case the maf get off a kill on a goodie in the night, we are still up 6-1. At that point we'll know better what to do.

What I am worried about, and this can throw off everything I just said, is that the maf had a convert, which makes our job particularly tricky. I don't see it past Effervescent to do so, seeing as good is mopping the floor in this game. In which case, Justin's idea to confirm him by me vig-killing him is a bad idea, as it will only confirm his POWER, not his ALIGNMENT. Also it's conveniently diverting a block from blocking other potential mafs.

What are your guys' thoughts?

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:54 pm 

Evan wrote:
What I am worried about, and this can throw off everything I just said, is that the maf had a convert, which makes our job particularly tricky. I don't see it past Effervescent to do so, seeing as good is mopping the floor in this game. In which case, Justin's idea to confirm him by me vig-killing him is a bad idea, as it will only confirm his POWER, not his ALIGNMENT. Also it's conveniently diverting a block from blocking other potential mafs.
That is a very good point. Hadn't thought of that. Hm. Yeah. I think I'm voting JustM.e.

Sorry, Justin. But after the prehensile tail incident, I'd rather deal with the hate than get snowed again. *sniff* </3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:00 pm 

JustM.e wrote:
I can do you one better. If you want me to block our vigilante to confirm my power (which is a benefit you afforded Marina, mind you) then I'll do it. You can even have him target me. That way, if I'm lying, I'll be dead anyways. But give me a chance to prove myself before you lynch an innocent man. And one with a power, at that.

I like that idea. Seems pretty reasonable.

Caswell/Hubbard 2012-2013
Caswell/Hubbard 2013-2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:04 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
JustM.e wrote:

I like that idea. Seems pretty reasonable.

It does, until you consider this

Evan wrote:

I think we need more time to get our star investigator to rat out the last maf(s). In the meanwhile, vote off Justin because we don't know if a conversion has happened.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 pm 

We have no evidence that the maf has a convert, though... 0.o So we're just going to assume they did, assume I was converted, and kill me because we can?

Guys. Play smart. I'm someone who can confirm his power. Let me. If that's good enough reason to assume Marina's good, Hammy's good, etc, then why wouldn't my power being confirmed show indication that I'm good?

Reagan Bass/Justin Moffatt '12-'16

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 pm 

Anorton is the most suspicious with the least proof of goodness/least powerful power and he hasn't been confirmed. Let Justin demonstrate his block and don't get sidetracked by this convert Crap it's a bad argument. Kill anorton end the game or if not kill a good player with no real power.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:12 pm 

Changing vote from JustM.e to Anorton

2014-2015 | Barnes/Spence
2015-2016 | Amedick/Barnes (2.0)
2016-2017 | Amedick/Barnes

"If you say "can't" you're restricting what you can do or ever will do."
-Michael Phelps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:54 pm 

anorton, then

Retired.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:04 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

Are you guys for real? We can't throw the game away now, not when we're up by so many people against an incompetent maf team. You do realize we have a daykill we can use, right? Any way you look at it, I can make sure that Justin and anorton BOTH die today. And I will make that happen now that I am sufficiently peeved. Currently the vote stands 4-3 Justin if I count correctly. As long as it stays that way, I can and will be getting Hammy to daykill anorton. Happy?

And FTR, I am suspicious of Caleb teaming with Justin. If Justin turns up evil, Caleb is dead on the spot. If the game's not over when Justin and anorton go down, it's time to slay Caleb. His power-only investigate won't be of much help if we're trying to find a conversion, and he's been sort of sketch since the beginning. Sure, he found Sharkfin. But it may be a cover. Not a formal accusation but just an FOS.

Suspicious people list:
anorton - not at all confirmed, so most likely to be evil or neutral
Justin - for lurking, mostly
Caleb - see above
Marina - never actually been confirmed on her alignment, just her power
LMJ - slim chance she may have been converted before I got to her, but highly unlikely
Hammy - is my counterpart, has been sketch before but less likely to be maf than LMJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:27 pm 

Evan wrote:
I still think Justin is being sketchy. Buuuut not because of lurking. He's telling the truth about the tournament and duo and calculus and sickness and all that. And I should have thought of that before posting what I did. Sorry. :?

However. That being said. I'm still voting against him.
Warrants:
1) he still hasn't been confirmed (or at least no one has been able to tell me how he has been confirmed)
2) I still find his actions to be slightly suspicious (can elaborate about this point upon request)
3) his death doesn't really hurt anything

Also, I'm on board with daykilling anorton. Let's spice this game up a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:41 pm 

Evan wrote:
Suspicious people list:
anorton - not at all confirmed, so most likely to be evil or neutral
Caleb - see above
Marina - never actually been confirmed on her alignment, just her power
LMJ - slim chance she may have been converted before I got to her, but highly unlikely
Hammy - is my counterpart, has been sketch before but less likely to be maf than LMJ

Anorton: as things stand, most suspicious player bc it seems we have the least info about him.
Justin: lurker, which is unusual but he has a good reason it seems. His rpm looks a lot more solid than anortons. It's a little odd that he's tori, bc tori was good and then kind of was against tris in Insurgent and Allegiant but not exactly bad. the rpm seems legit though.
Caleb: agreed
Marina: eh. Maybe. I doubt it though. In any case, she's less of a priority
LMJ: well that hurts. four got to me first guys.
Hammy: my post-conversion rpm contains a specific condition regarding tris, whom hammy alone is claiming. That confirms him for me and I think we had an investigate done on him

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:41 am 

Evan... you've been wrong about everyone so far this game.

Cashley has been right about everyone.

Highly doubtful Cashley would've led the lynching of two separate mafs.

And again. I can confirm my identity. Give me a chance. Why are you all against me proving myself? Again, if you're right, the vigilante will kill me anyways. If not, then I prove myself and you avoid getting ever so closer to losing.

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:07 am 

I'm actually pretty ticked and this post will reflect that coupled with my exhaustion and lack of sleep. So lets go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

First of all Evan has never been confirmed. Probably didn't notice that on his list of suspicious people did you? Evan has done nothing this game expect run around like a bull in a china shop. I'm also really tired of him threatening to kill people because they don't do what he wants that isn't a good sign and makes him suspicious. Also thank you for telling me I'm dead on the spot if Justin is evil. I've only led lynches on two mafia members, seems sketch to me. I should have hacked into everyone's computers and read their pms because clearly that's the only way I wouldn't be sketch. Oh and how exactly have I been sketch? And this FOS stuff is nonsense either say what you mean or don't say anything this isn't a game for halfbaked claims. Oh and as for the I'm working with Justin so I'm suspicious crap; I'm really good friends with Justin, what do you expect me to do ignore him?

So basically Evan isn't confirmed, but is acting like he's boss and trying to kill people so be careful.

Here's my list of people that might be bad

Anorton makes sense if he's mafia.

Evan has been doing crazy stuff

LMJ has basically been Evan's sycophant(no offense meant)

Hammy Because who knows

Marina Because she is too good to be true :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 am 

So I'm suspicious cus Evans suspicious? I'm pretty dang sure he's not mafia but I suppose it doesn't count for anything if I say it now -.- also, Evans not suspicious. Paranoid, maybe. And I haven't voted yet for justin bc I don't think evan's supplied enough information.

Cashley, have you seen my pm? If Evan was mafia, he couldn't have claimed Four. And effervescent wouldn't have sent me a pm about my confirmed conversion to the good side. Also in that pm it specifically mentions a condition involving tris, who is obviously good. So, Evan, hammy, and I have to be good or we all have to be maf (or at the very least me and Evan) and I highly doubt there were 5 mafia

Also, saying "no offense" doesn't magic away the offensiveness :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Woah nellie. There are way too many big egos being flaunted and tempers flaring here.

You know what? I admit it. I've been a complete failure in this game. Count me out of any future involvement in this game, as Justin and Caleb have successfully persuaded me that my presence is not wanted and that I am a liability, not an asset. Go ahead and kill me if you want. Go ahead and do whatever the heck you want. I no longer care. Congratulations on alienating me and making me very disappointed in your lack of maturity and foresight.

This isn't about me or what has happened in this game. I'm not trying to "be boss" - I'm trying to be helpful here, and it's obviously not working. This is much bigger - it's about Justin and Caleb's fundamental disrespect and lack of care for other people's feelings. I'm not offended or hurt in the least bit - rather, what I wish this post to express is my frustration at both Justin and Caleb for their prioritizing their egos over being decent human beings.

So with that, I bid you all farewell. I hope you learn your lesson to treat each other with humility and respect. I will hopefully see y'all next game, and maybe then people will have learned how to behave themselves on here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 am 

Evan wrote:
Woah nellie. There are way too many big egos being flaunted and tempers flaring here.

You know what? I admit it. I've been a complete failure in this game. Count me out of any future involvement in this game, as Justin and Caleb have successfully persuaded me that my presence is not wanted and that I am a liability, not an asset. Go ahead and kill me if you want. Go ahead and do whatever the heck you want. I no longer care. Congratulations on alienating me and making me very disappointed in your lack of maturity and foresight.

This isn't about me or what has happened in this game. I'm not trying to "be boss" - I'm trying to be helpful here, and it's obviously not working. This is much bigger - it's about Justin and Caleb's fundamental disrespect and lack of care for other people's feelings. I'm not offended or hurt in the least bit - rather, what I wish this post to express is my frustration at both Justin and Caleb for their prioritizing their egos over being decent human beings.

So with that, I bid you all farewell. I hope you learn your lesson to treat each other with humility and respect. I will hopefully see y'all next game, and maybe then people will have learned how to behave themselves on here.

Whoa. Evan... I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Honest. I'm not sure what I said, but whatever it was, please know that I never would've said it if I knew it'd hurt your feelings. I'm not doubting your personal integrity in any way. From what I've seen on HSD, you're a very admirable young man. Please please please (and I won't even say anything else to try to defend myself, this matters this much to me) please know that no game would be worth hurting you in my eyes, or anyone. Please forgive me?

Retired.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:41 am 

JustM.e wrote:
Evan wrote:

Whoa. Evan... I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Honest. I'm not sure what I said, but whatever it was, please know that I never would've said it if I knew it'd hurt your feelings. I'm not doubting your personal integrity in any way. From what I've seen on HSD, you're a very admirable young man. Please please please (and I won't even say anything else to try to defend myself, this matters this much to me) please know that no game would be worth hurting you in my eyes, or anyone. Please forgive me?

I second what Justin said. Evan you seem like a great guy and I wouldn't ever mean to offend you and I apologize for anything that I said that was offensive whatever it was. I've been out of town for the last couple days and when I got back in we had to immediately take my brother to the ER so it's been a stressful day at the same time that doesn't justify my lack of thought for you and I again apologize for that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:46 am 

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1517 Next