homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 3:58 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:36 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Some of yall are my fb friends or have my number; feel free to use those too

Caswell/Hubbard 2012-2013
Caswell/Hubbard 2013-2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:22 pm 

Little Miss Jazzy wrote:
Can someone PM me when the next game starts? I miss this! Thanks

I've got you covered. :)

10-11 | Folkert/Folkert | Verdict | R8
11-12 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
12-13 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
13-14 | Folkert/Light | Verdict | R8
14-15 | Folkert/Porter | Arx Axiom | R8
15-16 | Doto/Folkert | Verdict | R8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:29 pm 

As we transition into another season of debate and another time period of activity on HSD, I've more or less reset the mafia game list. All the games that were registered I've moved to the postponed list. If you still plan on running a game that you were registered for then post here and I'll return you to your position in the line up.

As always, if you have any new game ideas that you want to run, just post here and I'll get you on the list. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:47 pm 

I'm still planning to do my Time Mafia, but I'd like to keep is postponed for now. Also I still want Troll Mafia if Invisible Hand does.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:50 am 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
Someone locked my FMAfia thread, so I'll say it here. I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. If the people who signed up want to play it, then I'll make it. But I was expecting way more players than are even on HSD(for some reason), and it seems like people aren't joining because they're excited about the game(on the contrary, it appears that I am one of three people on this site who has read FMA), rather because I seem so desperate. So, if people tell me they want to play FMAfia, I will finish FMAfia, but otherwise, I'll instead do, not a theme, but a setup: All Cult Mafia.
Basically, the idea is that player 1 is cult, player 2 is cult, and so on. Given this, if player 1 converts player 2, player 2 becomes cult. Get it? Instead of one cult that wants everyone to just be in cult, everyone starts in a different cult, and once one color outnumbers all the others combined, that cult wins. And what's even more fun is that if red and yellow (I got tired of coloring things) both convert the same person, say, player 7, player 7 is now orange, because when you mix red and yellow, you get orange. Each (day? more on this later) phase, I will tell each cult who has been successfully converted to their side. I'm not sure if I'll have day phases/lynching yet. I feel like I'm forgetting to explain something, but whatever. If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask me.
So, I'm switching to all-cult mafia unless a majority says that they'd rather play FMAfia. If people say they'd rather do all-cult, I probably won't do FMAfia at all, but if we do FMAfia now, I will almost certainly at least try to do all-cult at some point, because I really like this idea, and I want to watch it and examine it and learn psychology from it(No, not really. I'll actually learn game design).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:53 pm 

I really wanna do both, so since you said that if you do FMAfia you'll try to do All Cult Mafia eventually, I wanna do FMAfia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:29 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

I think you posted FMA at an inopportune time, and it's been locked due to the ambiguity of its status. (Maybe? I wasn't the one who locked it.) If you'd like for me to unlock the thread, let me know. Mafia in general is kind of at a standstill since my battle with Demise is being dragged out ;)

Your cult game idea sounds fascinating. I'd like to play both if possible, but cult sounds more interesting to me than FMA IMO, if you have to cut one.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:38 pm 

Sorry, let me clarify. Due to the summer activity I reset the lineup for new mafia games. I posted above about how you can re-register if you still want to run your game. That includes your game, Mr. E. I will sort it all out once I conclude LoZ which I can't do because I'm just on break from work now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:39 pm 

Hammy wrote:
As we transition into another season of debate and another time period of activity on HSD, I've more or less reset the mafia game list. All the games that were registered I've moved to the postponed list. If you still plan on running a game that you were registered for then post here and I'll return you to your position in the line up.

As always, if you have any new game ideas that you want to run, just post here and I'll get you on the list. :)

I originally posted this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:42 am 

Location: I can't bother to think of something clever, so I'll just use something overused.
Hammy wrote:
Hammy wrote:

I originally posted this.

In that case, put me on the list for either FMAfia or all-cult.
Evan wrote:
I think you posted FMA at an inopportune time, and it's been locked due to the ambiguity of its status. (Maybe? I wasn't the one who locked it.) If you'd like for me to unlock the thread, let me know. Mafia in general is kind of at a standstill since my battle with Demise is being dragged out ;)

Your cult game idea sounds fascinating. I'd like to play both if possible, but cult sounds more interesting to me than FMA IMO, if you have to cut one.

I would appreciate it if you unlocked the thread. Then I'd like to put a poll up on that thread, that should make it easier to vote.
I would also like to clarify that if I drop one, it'll be FMAfia, but I won't drop all-cult if I can help it, even if people want to play FMAfia now.
Until I get a result, I'll work on FMAfia, just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:10 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

All-cult sounds super cool. :P I hope you run it eventually, even if you do FMA first.

...on that note, what's FMA? :oops:

--Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:31 am 

Fullmetal Alchemist is a somewhat popular manga that got turned into two anime and it's really cool and you should read it and vote to play FMA before All-Cult :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:35 am 

SuperK1 wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist is a somewhat popular manga that got turned into two anime and it's really cool and you should read it and vote to play FMA before All-Cult :)

I notice that you voted to play All-Cult first. Where did that enthusiasm about FMAfia go?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:49 am 

If others are ready before I am(which I somehow doubt), then others are welcome to start.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:53 am 

Put me on the list for a Parks and Rec mafia, please!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:43 am 
Hint hint peoples.

Effervescent wrote:
Put me on the list for a Parks and Rec mafia, please!

You are officially my favorite person on HSD. (Not like you weren't already <3) PARKS AND REC MIXED WITH MAFIA IS SOMETHING I DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED BUT I SOOOOO DO.

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

Truth is treason in an empire of lies...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 am 

Mr. E. wrote:
SuperK1 wrote:

I notice that you voted to play All-Cult first. Where did that enthusiasm about FMAfia go?

I wanted you to have more time to prepare because it better be good :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:16 am 

I'm new here, and I was just wondering if there were any Mafia games that are open for sign up. If so, I would love to know where the list is so I can join one. Thanks!

Denney/Denney 2016-2017 Club 19:14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:19 pm 
Guardian of the Black Room

brando.2000 wrote:
I'm new here, and I was just wondering if there were any Mafia games that are open for sign up. If so, I would love to know where the list is so I can join one. Thanks!

It looks like one just got posted: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15528

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:41 pm 

anorton wrote:
brando.2000 wrote:

It looks like one just got posted: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15528

Thanks for the info!!!

Denney/Denney 2016-2017 Club 19:14

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next