homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Location: I'm not lost! I'm locationally challenged. -John M. Ford
Project 79

They ran. Mr. Glasses sprinted over the thin carpeting on the dusty old airport nestled in the mountains of Switzerland, while the heavy briefcase weighted down on him. Next to him was Timbalistea, though less burdened.

“Just... one... more gate....”, Tim gasped as he took the briefcase from his fellow spy and proceeded to knock over a pile of baggage held by an old lady. “Dearly.... sorry about that..” he yelled back, ignoring the stares of the few people waiting for a coffee at Starbucks. They rounded the corner of the terminal and flew down the tunnel to the waiting airplane.

“WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!?”, the pilot yelled over the sound of twin turboprop engine revving against the icy blowing snow, as the two fell into the seats and were jolted forwards by the sudden motion of the airplane.

“Well, see...”, he paused to pant, “we had some trouble with the Swiss. Apparently they weren't too happy about us stealing this.” Tim pointed to the steel briefcase. “Plus it was hit or miss there for a couple days working against the West and their double ag--”

“Uh-oh, TROUBLE.”, the pilot interrupted, as the radio crackled to life.

“Aero charlie five-niner, please taxi to runway north-fiver and throttle down your engines.”

It didn't take long for any of the three in the plane to figure out what was happening-- already police cars and military humvees were scrambling out onto the runway specified. Several Gripens screamed overhead, and choppers approached from a distance, making their intentions clear.

It was finished.

Or so they thought...

Tim sat in his cell, staring down at his bright orange prison jumpsuit, complete with blazing slippers to match. It had been two weeks, and he figured he ought to start ticking the days off, lest he forget how long it had been in his old age. Just as he was about to make the first scratch in the wall, the cell door swung open, and the jailer was there with a set of civilian clothes.

“This way.”, he ordered gruffly. Swiss wardens weren't known for their kindness, and this one was no exception. He led him into a private room with a strangely familiar face sitting at a bland table. It was J. Smith, the person who didn't exist.

“I'd like to publicly congratulate you on your successful mission. I say publicly, because I know the walls somehow have ears.”, he said, staring pointedly at the innocent looking light fixture. “Let's get you out of here.”

The two walked out to a nearby bus terminal, to find Mr. Glasses waiting. Several suspicious characters lurked about, neither too close, nor too far from the three, so not a word was said until the bus arrived.

The three got onto the bus, and J. Smith took the wheel and explained.

“Via some high-level government negotiations, we were able to get you both released, along with the briefcase of intelligence that is on this bus. Unfortunately, your transfer of the cipher was jammed by Swiss intelligence, so you will need to give tha--!”.

His dead body fell, dead to the floor of the bus, shot through the head by a sniper bullet.. The vehicle careened off the road and slammed into several nearby trees. Timbalistea and Mr. Glasses were dragged out by strong arms, thrown onto the back of snowmobiles and zipped off into the distance

The entire bus exploded in a cloud of flame from several grenades, destroying any evidence that anyone had been inside.

….

Some hours later they awoke. It was strangely quiet, after all they had been through. A hum of a nearby vent was the only sound, and the only light came from a single LED above a door. As they blinked the sleep away, the door swung sharply inward, revealing a sharply dressed man in a suit and power tie. He had an aura of power about him-- an aura of command and control. Someone who would enforce justice and make injustice quake in fear.

“Welcome aboard the ISS Pax Mundus (world peace). It is indeed a great pleasure to have you join us. I have read of your exploits previously and am quite looking forward to hearing your perspective. For now, you are wondering why you are here. Thus, I give you this.”. The man passed over a manila folder with no markings on the outside. “It will explain what is necessary, and no more. Please do not hesitate to walk around if you wish-- you will be spending some time here, so you might as well be acquainted with you surroundings. I am sorry I cannot explain more in person, but I have other matters to attend to. I bid you a good day.”

The door swung closed, leaving the two staring at the metal that filled the doorway.

The file read thusly:
The ISS Pax Mundus is a super-secret submarine developed by Swift Enterprises. You are here because you have valuable information as a government agent. You are here because we want to protect you.

The “we” is:
Captain Marc Shark
Commander Jimmy Fallon
Pilot Ron Jones
Lieutenant Rocky Smith

We four comprise the crew of the ISS Pax Mundus-- most of the systems aboard are automated, allowing us to remain alert at all times. We have spent the past year gathering agents from around the world to be here, and you complete the agents we need. Our mission is to make known all that is hidden, starting with the formula you have acquired from the Swiss. Needless to say, world governments aren't too happy about our goal, which is why we are aboard a submarine, parked in deathly silence.

Please enjoy your stay.

Signed,
Captain Mark Shark

++++++++++++++

Alrighty. So that long story leads to the game.

You are an agent working for a country. You will have other agents on your country. It is your goal to work together with others be the last one alive, and thus obtain the immense amounts of classified information aboard the sub.

To achieve this object, you will have several tools at your disposal.

Your ear. Yep, you read that right. You can spend the night with your ear up against the metal wall of your bunk. In doing so, you can hear any movement aboard the ship-- you are, after all, in a metal can at the bottom of the sea. With a little bit of deduction, you can discern the actions of up to three people.

Your hacking skillz. As a skilled government agent, you've been training in cyberwarfare since you were a young'un. You can hack the sub mainframe to determine what country an agent is working for by checking the logs on the data link. A warning: sometimes agents expect this and use creative ways to get around the logs-- or, worse yet, change the proxies so as to make it appear they are from a certain country. Or, an even worse result, is you could get caught by Marc Shark hacking his mainframe. Oooh. That should be fun. For me, anyway.

Finally, your knife. Every government agent has one, and you know how to use it. You may kill one person per night, though you have a 50% chance of failure, and a 75% chance of discovery if you are successful, and a 25% chance if you fail. You are, after all, in a sub, and it's hard to hide a bloody knife on a sub. Unfortunately, they confiscated your poison before you boarded. Yeah. And guns are a bad idea.

You may also protect. Chances are 100% that you will stop the attack, and 90% that you will reveal who the murderer is. Protection may be overwhelmed my multiple attacks (update, 9/3/10, 3:27 PM)

Rules:
The usual.
No screenshots, rubbings or xerox copies.
Hyena packs are encouraged.
I reserve the right to make changes to these periodically (probably will need to)

If ya'll have questions about anything, please tell me because I'm sure I left something out.

Enjoy!

Signed,
Mark Shark (no my name isn't, but for the purposes of this game it is ;-))

P.S. Corkscrew. Blade. Saw. Nail file. You get the point. They're back.

P.P.S. Yeah, I wrote the story in multiple sitting, so apologies if it's a little haphazard and not pulitzer-prize quality.

P.P.P.S. I just used Mr. Glasses and Tim as characters because they won the last game. They'll hold no special status this game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:32 pm 

Sign-ups:
1. +X
3. gravyfan
4. Duct Tape Maniac
5. Little Yellow Fireball
6. Jasonmontgomery
7. debateohana
8. EliasG
9. Scratch
10. Breakthrough
11. Timbalistea
12. GumboSoup
13. Hyper Static Union
14. Bee
15. The-Swamp-Elf
16. Godsdearson
17. Conservativesrock
18. Keen
19. GoldenHawk00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:57 pm 
Is now cool

Confirming.

Oh, and the person you're thinking of is Duct Tape Maniac. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:06 pm 

Oh, sweet beans. I must be a part of this.

Drew wrote:
GumboSoup wrote:
Dads ftw.
Tim is your dad?

http://twitch.tv/dutchwaffles
Usually streaming around 8 PM EST weeknights and unpredictably on weekends. Come on by and say hi sometime!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:10 pm 

yes we all must.

p.s. I was the fourth player with a reserved spot and I will be playing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:17 pm 

Confirmed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 pm 

Home Schooled: No
Open signups? I'd like to play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm 

Location: The state of maryland, and sometimes the state of confusion.
Sign me up, cap'n. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:44 pm 
His bark is worse than his scratch

I'm totally in this. Confirming. :-)

Question: Are there going to be lynchings? You didn't say anything about it in the OP, so I was wondering.

Drew wrote:
Blanket statements are bad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm 

In.

Sharkfin wrote:

Sharkfin wrote:

What do you mean by these?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 pm 
Is now cool

Breakthrough wrote:

Sharkfin wrote:

Sharkfin wrote:

What do you mean by these?

The first is a refrence to the last game- the swiss army knife. Means there are Swiss agents with special powers.

Hyena packs are where you openly reveal the identities of all the people who need to be killed off for your side to win, and you all create a voting block that kills off everyone you need to die. GTC explained it in the mafia sticky.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:28 pm 

Where can I find the last game?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 pm 
THE Cookie Monster!

The last Project 79 game.

This looks awesome, Sharkfin. I don't have time to play, but I'll be watching and giggling.

Bakke/Bakke | TP <3 | 10-11
Bakke/Van Ness | TP <3 | 11-13
Sad Brenna | LD ew | 13-14
PHC Student | wow such college deb8 | 14&beyond

You're not alone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:23 pm 

Scratch wrote:
Are there going to be lynchings? You didn't say anything about it in the OP, so I was wondering.

Ah, yes, lynchings. Yes, we are having lynchings, though that is so 20th century. How about..... threat removals? ;)

It will be via secret ballot. Not sure if it'll be through PM or forum poll yet, though. I may try the forum poll first and see if we get any voter fraud.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm 

How many countries and factions will be involved, barring the inevitable hidden mechanics?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:48 pm 
Is now cool

Breakthrough wrote:
How many countries and factions will be involved, barring the inevitable hidden mechanics?

You think he's going to tell? The best part of P78 was the unknown!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:51 pm 

Sure. Why not?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 pm 
Evil Democrat

FINE.

I'm in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 pm 

:D

I'm really wondering if I'm not having a de ja vu with this thread....only thing that's keeping those feelings at bay is the fact that he referenced the other game.....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:37 am 
Bumble! Bumble!

Oooh, I wanna play! The last game was awesome. :D

-Bee

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next