homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:23 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Moving On
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:15 am 
Cupcake

Home Schooled: Yes
Hello HSD,

It is with much solemnity that I must announce that I am moving on from HSD. HSD was a formative place for me in my earlier years and I cannot thank those that contributed to that development enough. It has been a good six years and I am very grateful for the relationships and learning that occurred on and through HSD.

Most of my better HSD friends have since left or become incredibly inactive, therefore most of you might not even actually know who I am (that is to have met me in real life). In any case, I am getting married in 8 months and my life is filled with many wonderful things such as research, classes, and teaching. As such, I simply cannot maintain a level of active involvement on HSD. Moreover, as much as I loved high school debate and everything that came with it, I would like to move on from high school. :)

I'd like to thank Matt and former administrators & moderators that gave me the opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity the past several years. It was a great experience and joy for me.

In leaving, I would encourage all of HSD's current and future members to be mindful of how they interact with others and mindful that there are billions of people in the world, each with unique outlooks and experiences. I love the plurality of opinions represented on HSD (despite that being, in some ways, an overstatement) and I hope that if HSD teaches you anything it teaches you that you may be wrong. Learning to be wrong is an important skill and a life-changing asset.

If you ever you, for any reason, want to contact me, please feel free to find me on Facebook or LinkedIn, or if you have an email address of mine or my phone number, by those means. I like hearing from people and I love sharing thoughts, especially in a one on one context.

I will be sticking around for a few days to oversee any administration changes as a result of my stepping down. Keep making HSD an intelligent, safe, enjoyable space.

Best,
Drew

Post subject: Re: Moving On
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:22 am 
Guardian of the Black Room

Thank you for your time here, Drew. Although we've never met in person (and the height and areas of your activity didn't exactly overlap much with my activity), you are certainly one of the fixtures of the site that have made it into an important place to many homeschoolers. If you ever poke your head in HSD again, I'm sure there will still be those of use who are happy to see a familiar face; if you don't, we totally understand moving on (and some of us should probably do so, too). :)

Congratulations to both you and your fiancée!

--Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm 
Hint hint peoples.

"Thanks for the memories," Drew. I remember meeting you in 2013 at the Arkansas NITOC. You are a great leader on the forums and one I look up to. Now who will I vote to be the "Iron-Fist Mod"?? :( (Of course, inactivity has never hurt Peter Voell's chances too much ;) ) Congratulations to you and your fiancé! Let's stay in touch - text me!

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. -Psalm 42:1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 pm 

Even though I've only been here a short while, I've certainly seen the mark that you have left on these forums. That and you've always been an excellent mafia player who will be missed. Best of luck, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:36 am 
Bumble! Bumble!

Are you trying to make all of us who have met you in person feel old? :P J/k. Thanks for your contribution to HSD. You've been a pretty great mod, and we'll miss you. Also, congratulations!