homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:37 pm
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 am 

Home Schooled: Yes
Tournament-in-a-Box

Dear NCFCA Parents and Coaches,

My name is Gregory Escobar and last year I worked with some of the most experienced parents in my region on a project to compile guidebook on "How to Run a Tournament" and package numerous generic forms and templates that could be used for any speech and debate tournament. This "Tournament-in-a-Box" (TIAB) package is designed to make planning and running tournaments easier.

The finished product contained an 63 page guidebook outlining the major tournament jobs as well as over 50 sample forms and templates.

While developed in Region IX, Tournament-in-a-Box is a resource that was designed to be used by any region.

Tournament-in-a-Box is a free package created by volunteers. It is available for download at: http://daretodebate.googlepages.com/tiab

Please feel free to use it as a resource for your tournaments. I hope Tournament-in-a-Box can be a useful resource for you this upcoming debate year.

Thank you for your time and for your incredible service to this league!

God Bless,
Gregory Escobar
gregoryescobar(at)gmail.com
http://daretodebate.googlepages.com/tiab
-----------------------------------

Would you like to help? TIAB Continued Development
Tournament-in-a-Box was meant to be a developing project. My goal is to continue to update and improve the package. To do that, I will need feedback and ideas from the people who have run tournaments: you.

• If you create a handy template for your tournament please email me*! I would love to add it to the package.
  • If you have some words of wisdom or a "lesson learned" that you could share, please email me*! It would be a wonderful addition to the guidebook.
  • If you have created a "how-to" resource for your tournament or club that you would be willing to let others use, please email me*! It may be able to help people across the country.
  • If you use Tournament-in-a-Box and it is not very helpful to you, please email me*! Let me know how I can improve it to be more helpful.

I am hoping to continue expanding and updating this resource for as many years as I can. Tournament-in-a-Box is a collective project and I treasure your feedback.

*If you choose to contribute to this project, you agree that any materials you generate can be used by the project and be freely distributed. My goal is to make this a free resource for all of NCFCA to use, so while you retain ownership of any material you contribute, by participating you agree to allow me to distribute it freely.

Mod Edit: Okay so this is actually me (Gregory) but I am using my nifty mod powers to sticky my own topic...yeah, its a bit lame. Oh well :-P

Beware the Ninja Penguins!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 am 
She's not a *tame* flower.

I just e-mailed the link to my mom (our state's tournament director at this point.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm 

I had trouble with the zip file. I managed to extract it using 7zip, but winzip was unable to figure out the duplicate files.

I'll read it later, but thanks in advance for putting the time and effort into making such a valuable resource!