homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Free NCFCA LD Sourcebook
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Hey everyone!
It's been a good bit since I debated. In fact, it's been so long that I graduated college, got married, and had a kid. But you know what they say: once a debater, always a debater. Long story short, I was suffering from new-mom jitters and wrote a free Lincoln-Douglas sourcebook for NCFCA. I know that any person can "write a sourcebook," and so I think I owe it to you all to make my case for why this one is good.
#1: I have a degree in Western Legal Traditions with a double minor in Psychology and Criminal Justice. So I've learned about the workings of the resolution under the instruction of PhD professors and lawyers.
#2: It has a LOT of peer-reviewed sources. I know people make fun of LD debaters for supposedly not taking evidence as seriously as policy debaters, but anyone who has seen the best of the best knows for a fact that isn't true.
#3: Amazing definitions from top dictionaries- as in Black's Law Dictionary and more.
#4: The bibliography is super long. So if you don't like my take on things, you have a great starting point for some really helpful evidence.
But, like I said, it is 100% free. If you are a coach and want to help your students, this might come in handy.
The pdf download of the sourcebook is on my blog:
https://emilydoesphilosophy.wordpress.c ... ost-title/

All my best,
Emily (Rogers) McGowan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 am 

Disclaimer: I have never debated LD in my life, but I have judged it on a few occasions.

This policy girl is thoroughly impressed with Emily's sources. I was in the Honors Program with her at Liberty, and I can vouch for her thoroughness at anything academic.

Check it out, guys. :)

COG Author | NCFCA Alumna | Wife and Mother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:07 am 

I've known Emily for years. I can confirm that she is one of the smartest, brightest minds to come out of NCFCA, a fantastic individual, and a terrific researcher. I absolutely recommend this sourcebook. I wish I had more resources like this back when I was competing in the league.

What year did you graduate LU, Laura? That is when I met Emily and in surprised I wouldn't be have known you.