homeschool debate | Forums Wiki

HomeSchoolDebate

Speech and Debate Resources and Community
Forums      Wiki
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 am
Not a member? Guests can only see part of the forums. To see the whole thing (and add your voice!), just register a free account by following these steps.

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Catholic Apologetics
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:04 pm 

Home Schooled: Yes
Not exactly sure if this is the correct forum to put this in, but here goes... :)

I did apologetics for three years, winning regionals the latter two years. I know there are curricula available for apologetics, although I'm not very familiar with them (Monument Publishing's Silver Book and Pastor Chap Bettis' Fearless Apologetics are the names that come to mind at the moment, and there may be others of which I'm unaware). Being Catholic (and a theology nerd, haha), I decided I wanted to go a different route, so I did all my prep without a curriculum.

Looking back, some kind of curriculum could have been extremely helpful, especially had I been younger or less experienced than I happened to be when I started competing in the event. So I decided, before heading off to college at Hillsdale this fall, I'd put something together to help Catholic and Orthodox students who wanted to compete in apologetics but didn't know where to start on their own. This is that something:

https://faithandreasonapologetics.wordpress.com/

So you're not Catholic or Orthodox? If you read this far, I'd say you might as well check it out. Chances are we agree on a great deal of the NCFCA material, so you might find some of it to be helpful. It's completely free, and will be as long as Wordpress (which I'm using to host the site) stays free on my end of things. You might hate it or decide you want to do something different, but at least you didn't shell out good hard cash on something you found unhelpful.

Oh, yeah, and it's still something of a work in progress. I'm working on that...

also I almost never check HSD, so if you ask me something and I don't reply, I'm not ignoring you; I'm probably just off obliviously doing other stuff.

Last edited by nuncupative11 on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Catholic Apologetics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:38 am 
Is now cool

This was desperately needed. Thank you for your help. :) if I ever get a chance, I'll definitely recommend this resource for new students.

Post subject: Re: Catholic Apologetics
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:19 pm 
Kenya debate as good as me?

Not a Catholic, but well done! High quality material.

SDG.